Old January 3rd 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Dirk Bender

Default Elk River Lodge (WV)--opinions solicited

Been ages since I've posted to rec.skiing.nordic--used to be a
regular, back when we lived in the Northeast.

We're planning an XC ski trip from our home in Atlanta to Elk River in
West Virginia the third week of Feb. Looks like a pretty reliable
place for snowfall, although I've heard some varying accounts.

Also, there's Snowshoe nearby, so at least we're fairly certain of
managing to get on skis (although we prefer XC to alpine).

Any information y'all want to impart to this snow-starved transplant
would be much appreciated!