Old February 10th 04, 12:29 PM
Ace

Default Fines in France for not having driving licence

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:18:26 -0000, "David Edwards"
wrote:

My advice to anyone driving in France is to carry some cash- say £300.00
because if you pick up one of the "on the spot fines" ( typically £60 to
£120) and you only have a credit card you are likely to be driven to a cash
machine and then left to make your way back to your car. If you weigh this
up it could be quite a proformance and very inconveinient. I dont know what
they would say about not having a licence with you but as long as you have
oter identification how bad could it get?
Take care and enjoy yourselves. David

IME they tend to get you to drive to the atm in your own car,
following behind, while they hang on to your licence.

But yes, carrying enough cash money is a good idea.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)