Old March 13th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alun Evans

Default Cervinia, lift accident last week?

On Wed 04 Mar '09 at 02:28 "Steve Pardoe" wrote:
I agree, it really irritates me when co-travellers raise the bar too soon.
It's not a bad idea to make sure ski/board are off the rests in good time,
but the bar can wait.

You wouldn't like it over in Tahoe, no-one ever puts the bar down, and
looks at you like you're insane when you want to. I've taken to always
putting my hand round the back of the chair.

I remember being on some high-speed detachable chair in Les2Alpes
which did an emergency stop, we were in the middle of a span, and the
momentum nearly caused us to first hit the ground, then as it sprang
up, my thighs hit the underside of the bar - it's there for a reason!

A.

--
Alun Evans