Old March 4th 06, 01:13 AM

If you want a quick ski, stop at Nine Mile in Wausau. They have classic
rentals at the chalet. It's a bit off of 94, but it's quick to the TC from
there via Highway 29. Conditions are good there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there
Just stumbled upon this group, and hoping you can help me
We're driving up from Chicago to Minneapolis this weekend for a Sunday
afternoon wedding. So I had a thought that on the way up there, we'd
find some place in WI where we'll be able to go cross-country for a few
hours and then relax and continue our drive to Mineapolis on Sunday. We
do NOT have skiis, so it'd have to be a place that rents them...
And I'd like it to be not too far from the Chicago-Minneapolis route,
so northern WI (close to Michigan) is out of question
Thanks,
Sofia
Chicago