Old March 2nd 06, 04:11 AM

On 1 Mar 2006 14:18:04 -0800, wrote:

Hi there
Just stumbled upon this group, and hoping you can help me
We're driving up from Chicago to Minneapolis this weekend for a Sunday
afternoon wedding. So I had a thought that on the way up there, we'd
find some place in WI where we'll be able to go cross-country for a few
hours and then relax and continue our drive to Mineapolis on Sunday. We
do NOT have skiis, so it'd have to be a place that rents them...
And I'd like it to be not too far from the Chicago-Minneapolis route,
so northern WI (close to Michigan) is out of question
Thanks,
Sofia
Chicago

I haven't sat down and mapped it out but instead of taking I 94 to Eau
Claire to rent skis and then driving back to the NE to get to the Blue
Hills a better option might be to take I 39 to Wausau and ski at Nine
Mile (where they aso rent skis) and then take State Hwy 29 (which is 4
lane) west to hit I 94 just outside of Menominee. Off hand I would
guess the distance would be comparable and you would actually have
fewer miles of two lane, 55mph driving.

g.c.