Old March 10th 05, 07:09 PM

I skied classic at Fahnestock this morning from 9 to 12 and the
conditions were quite good all over. They hadn't yet tracked the
trails next to the lake (e.g. CCC loop) but they were rolled out and
quite skiable anyway. I saw only one bare spot, toward the end of the
outer Stillwater loop where it frequently washes out. Blue wax worked
fine except for the sun-drenched south-facing spots later in the
morning. Nice packed powder prevailed because it was still well below
freezing in the morning. Might not be as good this weekend since it's
supposed to get warmer.

Jim