Old February 5th 15, 05:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Skiing in Fairbanks AK

On 2015-02-05 15:02:11 +0000, The Real Bev said:

On 02/04/2015 07:28 AM, Bob F wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
My record is 87.3 kph or 54.25 mph (if smartphone gps's are that
accurate). Always done on the same red piste in Pila where it's
usually very quiet and there's a nice steep bit with no bumps and a
wide flat apron to run out too.

The Stevens Pass ski app I've been playing with has put me at similar speeds on
days I was on my snowboard and conditions were bad enough I knew I
couldn't have
gone that fast. I suspect they aren't very accurate.

The GPS on my phone is flakey. I'm pretty sure I didn't top out at 253
mph on one run, but maybe I'm wrong. Still, it's better than nothing.
I just wish I knew how to edit a .gpx file to remove ALL labels. I can
get rid of the names, but the fix numbers stubbornly remain.

Bev,

I'd try editing the file with a text editor.