Old July 22nd 03, 12:05 PM
Alun Evans

Default What to do in Andorra?

On Tue 22 Jul '03 at 11:14 ToddD wrote:

in article , MoonMan at
wrote on 7/21/03 9:34 AM:

In , ToddD typed:
Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited
information on the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to
ski, most challenging slopes, places to eat, places to party,
sightseeing, tips and tricks, etc. Thanks in advance,
Todd

answer to subject : Drink!

Where in andorra are you going?

Staying a the Hotel Ski Plaza in Canillo. Anybody know about that place?
Primary interest is in skiing. Then partying and shopping. Found a web
site that said the shopping is about 10k away. Skiing is right there, but
willing to travel to get to better slopes if anybody knows about that.

Well then you'll be skiing in the Soldeu, El Tarter & Canillo area.

http://www.soldeu.ad/ (there is a funky Flash piste map)

I've only ever stayed in Soldeu, which is good for, erm, well drinking in bars
and clubs. There is the spa thingy, or a trip to Andorra la Vella for
shopping, but there's not much else to do.

In the Canillo resort the black run 45. Gaig is pretty good - I think my
instructor said it was once a FIS Woman's Giant Slalom, though I'm sure I'll
be corrected.

From personal experience the Canillo and far left section of Soldeu (40, 43,
44) tend to be the quietest, especially come the weekend. - Avoid the El
Tarter mid station, otherwise you'll be in a queue for ages.

Note that you can physically ski into the Pas de la Casa / Grau Roig area,
http://www.pasgrau.com/ (go to the bottom of 44. Riu du Cubil), but you'll
need to make sure you've got a ski pass in advance, as your Soldeu one wont
cover it.

enjoy.

Alun.