Old February 15th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Heel lift wedge under binding?

"Andrew Wright" wrote in message
. net...
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a

bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

I just made some. I carefully sawed a chunk of 3/4" plywood
with a handsaw to 1/4" thick on one edge and 1/2" on the other
making two wedges. I then cut them to the shape of the binding
and hole sawed out the center for the screws, primed and
painted them, and coated top and bottom with a thin layer
of potyurethene caulk to make them "rubbery" so they'ed
stay in place. They seem to work fine after adding the
polyurethane. I tried them without it and they moved while
riding. Careful screw length selection was needed also.

Bob