Old April 30th 13, 07:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.skiing.nordic

Default Roll your own rollerskis

In article ,
Alan Braggins wrote:

I noticed there were used skis at Milton recycling centre the last
couple of times I've been dropping stuff off. You would have to be
slightly cautious they had been thrown out because of surface/edges
being beaten up and not structural damage, but would they be any use
as the bearing member? Or would they be much too flexible when supported
by wheels at the end rather than along their whole length?

Too flexible, I am afraid. But spruce or aluminium section (as
in pre-monocoque aircraft) should be fine.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.