Old November 16th 13, 04:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Zermat

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:55:00 +0000 (UTC), "Noumenon"
wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:

If you're after groomed pistes then I'd definitely recommend Italy and
if you are also prepared to ski at lunch time or in inclement weather
you'll have those groomed pistes virtually all to yourself!

Well, but that's what Cervina (on Italian side) is for. Unfortunately ski
lifts over there are terribly slow, everybody complains.

Actually, they're mostly pretty good these days. Lots of new and
improved lifts over the last ten years. The only place you still get
problems on a busy day is getting back from Valtournenche - took about
an hour of queing on two lifts there one time, and in the end we had
to forego our lunch stop in an effort to get back over to Zermatt
before the lifts closed!

Yes, I know about Italians. They indeed groom everything because they like to
ski (mostly slow cruising on wide blue-reddish slopes) in a soft & easy,
leisurely manner...

N.

--
Ace