Old February 26th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Burton C60

On Feb 9, 10:43 am, "lonerider" wrote:
lonerider wrote:

Just as a running count - this is the third pair of Burton bindings
I've broken in the past 5 years.

'02 Missions (heelcup) - ridden 5 days, returned to store
'03 P1s (FLAD) - ridden 20 days, replaced by Burton after a week
P1 - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/11...9014522cdd.jpg
'05 C60 (baseplate) - ridden 6 days, replaced by Burton after 3 weeks
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/3...582630df35.jpg

Anyways, to conclude this gear ramble... their is Burton-hype,Burton-
love and Burton-hate... and all of us regular joes are often left just
figure it all out on our own... hence when I just try the stuff. I'm
told Burton gear resells really well btw!

Ok, looks like Burton still need to work on their durability issues as
this weekend I was riding with someone sporting '07 Cartels (ridden 12
days) and he shattered the heelcup dropping into a chute - here is a
photo (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/4...90a27c914.jpg). I
guess it will be 2-3 more years before I check out Burton's binding
again to see if they've fixed these problems. I do like the toecap
design a lot (although I guess Burton stole that idea from another
company anyways) and the overall ergonomics of the bindings are nice.
I'm going to check out Rome bindings next (the 390's look nice).

I will remark that I don't hate Burton gear, nor do I have any
affiliation with one of it's rivals. I just like to snowboard and try
out gear... so when some shop guy tells you that "Burton stuff rarely
breaks" just look at the photos I've linked here and decide for
yourself.