Old March 21st 06, 02:32 AM
Mark Waechter Mark Waechter is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Flom
Checking the results of the 30k Sovereign Lake (BC) Loppet, I was surprised
to find someone DSQ in the results. In a citizens' race such as that, what
are typical ways a person might be disqualified?

Jim

It's not so sinister ...

The fellow in question missed a turn and thus skied a shorter lap. He's happy to tell you that there's no way he could possibly have won by 10 minutes.

I'm happy to tell you that the DQ'd skier is a great guy, a beautiful classic skier, and was only dissappointed that the course wasn't as well marked as it could've been.

The people at SovLk do a great job, so I'm not quibbling with their efforts, either. Just trying to clear up the mystery DQ.