Old March 20th 06, 09:07 AM

Don't Nordic bones need a bit of lubrication? ;-)

Maybe they do, but these "Made in The USA" bones didn't seem to need
too much!

I meant to hint that there might be a relationship between your drinking
habit during a 7-hour workout, and your discomfort afterwards or even
during.
Perhaps drinking is too much of a chore in skiing? I now crosskate with a
camelbak and hands-free tube, so I can just pole along an drink. Over 1.5hrs
of training/chatting at 3ºC I already drink about a litre!
I read once that the body likes water/sports drink best when it's at 15ºC.
If drinking is regarded important, but a chore, it can help to make it a bit
salty. A bit of help to promote thirst, and not let it flow through the body
too quickly. I cna be a lazy drinker when I'm pre-occupied, the salt really
does help in meeting my liquid intake goals then.
I drink more than 1.5l of water watching XC ski on TV for 7 hours! :-)

I'll say it again, respect for guys like you that take part in such events.
To think three are so many thousands taking part, so much more manly than
myself :-)

schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
I didn't bother eating during the race, and drank only about 1.5 liters

of
sport drink.

Man, I really have a lot to learn about skiing. If I drink that much

over a
7-hour bike race, I'm all sore afterwards!

Don't learn from me! On a 7 hour bike ride I would have drank much more
than that too. But during the Birkebeiner, the conditions were so
difficult I didn't really sweat even though it was so warm. I imagine
that next year I will drink lots more, as the conditions will most
likely be better which will allow me to exert myself more.

Don't Nordic bones need a bit of lubrication? ;-)

Maybe they do, but these "Made in The USA" bones didn't seem to need
too much!

All the food-stations had warm sports-drink, warm "saft", and warm
water. I much prefer cold. Am I the only one?

Joseph