Old February 15th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_3_]

Default Serre Chevalier and nearby resorts

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:54:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi, I am going to Serre Chevalier for a week just before Easter. I

I would appreciate comments about how practical it is to travel to and
ski in these other resorts. Is there a good bus service,or is it
better to drive?

I want to I know about buses too.

Does the existing lift pass work in these resorts or do I need to go
to the lift pass office to get a pass for any particular resort.
In particular I would like to go to the Milky Way, is it best to enter
at Montgenevre and then ski to other resorts? Does the Milky Way link
together well.

Your lift pass may be compatible but you will need to go to the lift
pass office at the visited resort to enable the local lift gates to
recognise you. You may need the reciept from your lift pass.

Montgenevre is well linked to Claviere but to go down to Cessana means
descending on a 2 chair lift. Then up a Gondola to San Sicario near
the bottom of the bob sleigh. Here you will need to take a lift up
where you can start skiing again. So that is three lifts to ski again.
San Sicario is linked to Sauze d'Oulx by ski and Sestriere by
descending in a bubble. Sauze d'Oulx to Sestriere also requires a
bubble descent. Sestriere has a modern lift system. The other resorts
have a few old lifts.