Old July 4th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

Default Injuries Really Really Suck

Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
"ant" wrote in message
vincent walker wrote:
I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging
lumbar discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next
week. At work on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and
wrote me the MRI prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever
Action 30.06 and start shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Got the bulging discs in the 80s (and had OA before they worked out what
it was). All OK now (still there, but OK, although changing tyres on my
4WD this weekend reminded me that it's still there).
What's ****ing me off is the achilles tendon I tore jumping up from my
desk to deal with suspected peanut in my sandwich in October. Taught 5
months in the US with the thing (which re tore if I bottomed out on a
bump, or scuttled across the road to get the bus) and now I'm
procrastinating about giving the surgeon the OK to book a surgery date.
Did some intensive physio on it before heading to the US, and it seems to
have paid dividends (weighted heel-drops). Dunno what to do. OTOH, I have
chronic achilles tendonosis (NOT tendonitis) so the other one's just
waiting to go. Should have them fixed. I hate surgery. Hate those horrible
blood drains they put in.. hate getting them out. Hate throwing up when
you wake up. Yuck. Hate surgery.

Sciatica is a bummer, especially when you hope to sleep. Mine's under
control, thanks to a very talented physio (using a range of things
including nerve pressure points and a brutal gym regime), but saggy
mattresses (or ****ing futons) flare it up very quickly. Take some good
ear protectors for the MRI (3M make good ones). And a magazine... damn
thing goes on for ages.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: