Old January 13th 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Mammoth report

On Jan 12, 7:38*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 12, 5:34*am, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:20:06 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Tonight I am off to the local theatre (cheap Tuesdays) to see True
Grit..

Post a report on that movie. *I just done watching The Sorcerer's
Apprentice.

As much as I liked the John Wayne version, this one is a lot better.
Not to be missed is the scene of Mattie's bargaining with the horse
dealer.

Please post more details. *It was one of John Wayne's best movies. *I
can't imagine a better version. *I believe it was the only movie John
Wayne got an Oscar for.

To me, the weak part of the original movie was the performance of Glen
Campbell, who was apparently cast only for his good looks.

I think Wayne's supporting-actor role to Robert Montgomery in They
Were Expendable was just as good, but it didn't even get an Oscar
nomination. *By the time of True Grit, most voters knew it was Wayne's
last chance at an Oscar, and voted from their hearts. *It might also
have helped Wayne that both Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voigt were both
nominated for best actor for their roles in Midnight Cowboy, thus
sharing votes with each other.- Hide quoted text -

Forgot to mention. How hilarious to read two pathetic, laughable,
complete and total pussy cowards discussing an American Male icon.
Because the closest either of these freaks will get to being a man is
by watching a real man in the movies.