Old November 28th 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Alpina CSK/RSK boots for roller skiing

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 05:24:24 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

OK, got it. How did the high heel (at least it looks high compared
with more recent models) feel to you? Seems it's gone the opposite
way since then, what with wedges and the new no-heel ESK pro from
Alpina itself. My concern would be that with elevated heel, the toes
would be sliding forward (potentially painful) while the heel is
loose.

I haven't gotten involved with the wedge and is boot variations, so
don't know (and won't be finding out anytime soon, since instead of
checking out the new models down at West yhis week, I had a torn rotator
cuff repaired). I did find the Alpina's ankle support quite sufficient,
or I wouldnt have kept with them. But to each their ankle support
needs...

Gene