Old November 24th 13, 03:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Alpina CSK/RSK boots for roller skiing

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:18:35 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone uses these boots for roller skiing. I
tried them both, and while the fit was great, even with a fairly
stiff cuff they didn't seem to provide a lot of ankle support. Also,
they had this weird curved outsole that, while providing an curiously
springy ride, didn't let the ski return to the boot after push-off
(wheel hang). Finally, although they look great (white/red) the upper
seems too fragile for roller ski duty. Maybe a snow-only boot?

Been dealing with Jamie? Good luck. Peter Hale, the Madshus rep and
great guy who you may have seen just passed last Sunday, sold me a pair
of the all red Alpina skate boots a couple of years ago, I think the SK
Skate, which was top of the line in 2006 or so, I think. Scroll down
to 2006 models at
http://www.nordicskater.com/bootskate.html
Nordicskater.com. They work well. With skate boots and at least
rollerskis, I don't think it pays to save. OTOH, with classical
rollerskiing, a combi down a line or two or three from the top usually
works well (in older models, Salomon Active, Fischer RC5, etc.).

Gene