Old November 2nd 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default I couldn't resist another pair of skis

On 11/02/2020 09:36 AM, wrote:

The amazing thing was that the braking itself
worked fine until the hogging in started. It cost an extra $10/wheel to
replace the rotors.

You got a good deal on the rotors.

They were from a wrecking yard and it was before 1990. Still...

I've seen rotors ground to the
ribs. In high school I operated a lathe and ground some of my buddies
rotors. That was just before I became a famous New York City fashion
model.

"Turned", not ground. Just sayin'.

I cut threads once on a small Sears (Atlas, I think) lathe. Once. The
experience was unpleasant, although successful. Brass is a real joy to
cut, though.

Warped rotors (within limits, of course) are NOT a safety issue. They
work just fine, albeit not all that smoothly. Big deal.

--
Cheers, Bev
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting