Old November 2nd 20, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default I couldn't resist another pair of skis

[Default] On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:14:20 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 10/29/2020 05:15 PM, wrote:

I would change those pads right now. If they get down to the rivets
the rotors will be damaged.

Long ago (78 LTD) I didn't have time to deal with the brakes when the
little springy thing started making noise. (I don't know if these have
a little springy thing.) Ultimately the grinding noises were really
annoying and when the hogging in started and braking was actually
affected I bit the bullet and had the brakes done. The rotors had
really impressive grooves -- some 1/4 inch deep. Looked like a
beginner's lathe project. The amazing thing was that the braking itself
worked fine until the hogging in started. It cost an extra $10/wheel to
replace the rotors.

You got a good deal on the rotors. I've seen rotors ground to the
ribs. In high school I operated a lathe and ground some of my buddies
rotors. That was just before I became a famous New York City fashion
model.

Horvath

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Support the military, or else.