Old October 30th 20, 12:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default I couldn't resist another pair of skis

[Default] On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:30:14 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

So do I, but the whole batch cost $130 and included Goode carbon fiber
poles and some top-of-the-line Scott poles for a friend.

Do you buy used kleenex, too?

I buy a lot of stuff used, too. I often shop at Goodwill or the
Salvation Army Store. But I wouldn't buy used equipment over the
internet.

Neither would I. I used to get better prices at yard sales, but we
haven't gone to any of those for a long time. I bought my Lotta Luvs
from a nice lady after seeing the Craigslist ad. I really miss yard sales.

I do too. I used to go to garage sales in the 70's and buy comic
books. They're worth a fortune today.

I would have to see it first. I'm sure you didn't buy a
used car sight unseen.

Of course not, although this last purchase was totally atypical. I
looked at ads for a while and then decided to go out shopping. First
stop was the Toyota dealer to see what he had just to compare.

"I'm looking for a 3-year-old white Corolla."
"How about that one, it just came in this morning."

It looked pristine and had only 17,000 miles on the clock with a clean
Carfax report. I drove it around, including to the good mechanic that I
trust -- who said he'd looked at that car earlier in the day and was
thinking of buying it for his daughter. I didn't even lift the hood, I
just bought it.

I've NEVER bought a car from a dealer OR without checking everything
under the hood that I could -- color of fluids, leaks, etc. OR the first
car I looked at. So far so good. The only work I've had to do on it
was replace a tail-light bulb. I'm debating whether to replace the
front brake pads myself (a trivial job which I've done before) or just
pay someone else to do it. I really don't want to work on cars any
more, which is why I bought a Corolla. I'm kind of shocked that OEM
pads are down to 3mm after only 33K miles, but I guess that's close
enough to 40K to be within the ballpark.

I would change those pads right now. If they get down to the rivets
the rotors will be damaged.

And speaking of ballparks, how about them Dodgers?

Never heard of them. Unless the Tigers or the Indians are playing, I
just don't give a ****.