Old September 20th 20, 06:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Gestures in the English-speaking world

On 09/19/2020 10:33 PM, BrritSki wrote:
On 19/09/2020 18:38, The Real Bev wrote:
Has the two-finger salute been replaced by the American one-finger
equivalent? Should I wish to express contempt for a Brit I want to be
linguistically correct.

Both work still, but 1 finger is more common now ime.

Good to know. It's an increasingly useful gesture, especially when it's
all you have left!

--
Cheers, Bev
Just as you cannot explain snow to a summer insect, so also you cannot