Old February 25th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare[_2_]

Default Historic questions on the 3V Les Trois Vallees

On 24/02/2014 10:33, Brian Mc wrote:
Michael Chare mUNDERSCOREnews@charedotorgdotuk wrote:
: The last part of the piste (that I probably used in the 70s) has always
: been covered with snow when I have been there, but it is shown as a road
: on google maps.

I think the piste down to Val Thorens turns into a bridge over the road. In
fact I am sure of that! I do not recall it ever being the road itself.

: To get back you took the two chair lifts up from Val Thorens and then
: skied off piste back to Meribel Mottaret past Mont Vallon.

That'a all pistes!

Today that is certainly the case. It was not like that in the mid 70s
when I went to Courcheval 1650.

--
Michael Chare