Old November 15th 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Zermat

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 19:16:49 GMT, Mike Clark wrote:

Zermatt is definitely a resort to arrive at as part of an off-piste
tour. The off-piste itineraries are excellent.

They looked great. Unfortunately, I was on a long weekend break with a
specific agenda, and the weather was very patchy: lots of low cloud, and I
really didn't want to risk doing a run on my own, that I didn't know, in flat
light, that wasn't patrolled.

Looking at old piste maps (I've been there twice before, but as a near
complete novice), most, if not all of these were once black runs.

I'm not sure what the rationale for downgrading them was, but I suspect cash.

--

Pip