Old January 10th 12, 10:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Mitch[_2_]

Default How to remove Pilot Sport bindings?

Hi Gene,

Well, the screws are certainly in there. I can more or less locate them by prying with a screwdriver and find the points of greatest resistance. But there is no bumper like the Profil's I have disassembled, and I've been unable to figure out how to release the front cap/lever to get underneath it. It's sprung pretty tight. Same problems with the rear piece. There are no visible caps to remove to expose the screws in the heal plate. Not sure if it maybe slides on over the screw heads and uses the internal springs to keep it from sliding off, or if something more complex is going on here.

I would expect that however they went together the process should be reversible. However I can't even find mounting instructions on the web, so I'm just poking at it with screwdrivers trying to find clues. I'm expecting the outer piece of the front cap somehow separates from the inner piece, but the spring hold them together so tight that it's difficult to find a release mechanism. About ready to fire up the sawzall!! ;-)

-Mitch