Old April 19th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default avalanche ratings

Ace wrote:
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:04:39 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:54:19 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

Got a trip planned for
weekend of 24/5, but not sure if it's going to be worth it...
But the snow at upper levels is still great, and comparing with last
year I'd say there's still a good chance of half-decent skiing by
then. We skiied to the third weekend in May last year, but some
neighbours tell us that they were still skiing the second week of
June. Limited, of course, but not just the glacier runs.

Officially, your dates are the last of the 'season', as I'm sure
you're aware, but it does seem that they kept the 4-man chair at
Laubersrgrat open later than that last year, and the Jochpass chair
stays open all summer anyway, so if there's still snow you can ski, at
least part way. If you'er happy to walk the bottom part there should
be plenty.

Thanks for that Bruce, I'll let you know...

Update: This weekend had some brilliant skiing. REally good spring
snow conditions, firm first thing so choose the sunnier slopes
(Engstlenalp) the softening up nicelt through the day and moving to
less sunny bits later. Some folk weer still skiing down to the
village, although the run was officially closed. We didn't bother.

Next weekend (which was the one you meant, despite your 24/5 typo)
should still be brilliant, with a bit more snow forecast and quite
cold conditions for the next few days, so if you can still make it I
don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks for the info Bruce. As we have one member of the party stguck in
Canada, another stuck in Paris, one in hospital for a knee op and my
knees very dodgy, it's a no for this time

PS I see where the misunderstanding on the date came from, I meant
24/5 in the sense of 24/25, but I can see how it can be misread.