Old November 22nd 10, 09:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Planned obsolescence?

On Nov 22, 2:35*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
When I got the skis down from the garage attic to set them up for my
new/old boots, I took a look at one old pair with Look rotary heel and
"Sensor" toes. *The toepieces were swinging around without constraint,
which I didn't remember them ever doing before. *Then I noticed a big
metal spring lying on the floor, and THEN, I noticed that the toepiece
plastic shell had split in half (from the compression of the spring?),
and the missing parts were nowhere to be found.

Another thing I would rather not have known - when I took the bindings
off the skis, I saw that one of the screw holes had been originally
drilled about half a screw-width off, and a metal helicoil insert
installed to fix it.

Why are you posting this inane bull****? If you are going to waste
bandwidth, do so on your private terrorist newsgroup, rsa.moderated.
Or you could make things interesting and provide the contact info for
the SPD officer you claim to have contacted. You know, when you said
you had falsely accused me of threatening Dickless Baker's life?
What kind of pathetic fraud would brag about lying to the cops....but
never provide the name of the cop he lied to?
A pathetic, dickless coward who never lied to the cops in the first
place, methinks. Pussy enough to threaten to do so in the first
place, but even more Dickless Henry pppppuuuuuussssssyyyyy not to lie
to the cops at all, but talk **** as if he had.
How about Dickless Henry clears up all the confusion concerning what
he lied about. No doubt he lied, just curiosity about what lies he
told.
Contact info? Or admit it was just a big ppppppuuuuuussssssyyyy con
job in the first place.

ps: I was down in the Market yesterday. Stopped by the Original
Starbuck's and sang with a street busker for a while. Thought of how
much fun it would have been to meet you in person there, before you
ppppppuuuusssssiiiiiieeeeeddddd out and invented the EMERGENCY SOCCER
GAME!!!!!