Old February 20th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jayc

Default HELP with my new FLOW-NXT bindings!!

Compared to any strap binding I've ridden, theFlowbindingsdon't respond
as well to brute force. Pushing fast and hard on the toeside can lead to
heal lift. Relatively minor heelside falls can open the highback, creating
interesting circumstances if not noticed. The newer designs definitely
do better in this regard.

I just tried out Flow bindings for the first time yesterday - I hated
them. I found them to be unresponsive and sloppy. Tightening the
ankle adjuster only one to click firm up the interface made it near
impossible to get my boot into the binding. After 3 runs I gave up on
them - they're going back to the shop.

I bought them specifically because I thought that they would be
comfortable (due to the large strap spreading pressure) and that
they'd be easy to mount and unmount. They were comfortable, but
offered insufficient pressure for decent board response, and were
anything BUT easy to put on.

JayC