Old September 3rd 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.bicycles.tech
jeff potter

Default Can Polar S610 talk to Vista laptop?

I have a Vista laptop and an oldish Polar S610 HRM.

Can I easily get these 2 to talk to each other?

I've downloaded the free Polar Precision software.

I don't seem to be able to use any IR stuff -- not sure this laptop
has IR on it anywhere.

But they say there's also an audio Uplink function that works from
wrist unit to speakers. Can this function both send and receive? Some
info suggests it does, but I've read other stuff that says it only
sends info from software to the unit.

I'd REALLY like to upload my recorded workout data to my laptop to
look at the pretty curves.

Any easy way to do this?

I see info on the Polar site that says it's not vetted for Vista but
that it does seem to install... apparently they suggest it's worth
giving it a try.

Thanks! --JP