Old October 25th 03, 10:49 PM
Don Aitken

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

[attributions restored]

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:56:15 +0100, Dave J wrote:

In inside of
uk.net.news.config, 'Don Aitken' wrote:

[{R} said]

This just means that I shall vote yes, even though I have no particular
interest, just so that your wrecking tactics don't work.

So will many others, so bring it on. You will lose that gambit.

Both sides can play at that game. I have no more interest than you do,
but I will be voting no.

Your pettiness enures that I vote yes..

Exactly how is it "pettiness" if I vote no for an inadmissible reason
to cancel out the effect of {R} doing the same, but not "pettiness"
for him to do so in the first place?

I am more convinced than ever that the view that uk.* should conduct
its business as if the rest of Usenet did not exist, and feel smugly
self-righteous in doing so, is utterly indefensible. The denizens of
rsre, whether they approve or disapprove of the formation of this
group, are the people *most* affected by its possible creation, and
*most* entitled to vote on it - and a vote against is as justifiable
as a vote for. Those who propose to deny them that right are the
"wreckers".

--
Don Aitken

Mail to the addresses given in the headers is no longer being
read. To mail me, substitute "clara.co.uk" for "freeuk.com".