Old February 28th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Walt

Default Jacket Recommendation

wrote:

I am going to Heavenly Resort in Lake Tahoe to try out snowboarding.
I have read there are North Face, Burton and Quicksilver shops near
Heavenly and I was thinking of buying the jacket and pants out there.
I don't really know much about jackets so I am looking for some
recommendations. The main key for me is breathability.

Pit zips. Any real snowsports jacket needs to have pit zips.

Other than that, it's not like there's a giant differences among them,
especially for someone who is just trying out the sport. Don't buy a
heavyweight jacket - get something midweight or just a shell and add
layers for warmth.

Note that the shops near Heavenly will probably be much more expensive
than other sources. Generally, the further you get from the lifts and
the further you get from the season, the better the deals. I buy my
apparal in the flatlands in the summer.

My $.02