Old March 15th 05, 06:38 PM
Gary S.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:35:23 -0600, "Armin" wrote:

Sven Golly wrote:

Sierra cement. Sierra concrete. Mashed potatoes. Slush. Corn.

Grappel.
Ice pellets. Slurpies. Creamed corn. Snow cones. Glop. Ball bearings.

Breakable crust. Windpack. Hoar frost. Frozen buttermilk. Ground

sausage.

Those are terms we use in the Sierras.

I've always found the term "Elephant Snot" to be quite descriptive.

I prefer the term "mashed potatoes", because when brown dirt gets
mixed in, I can call it "mashed potatoes with gravy".

That is distinct from another spring snow condition, the corn snow,
which is more like pellets of ice with water, more like a snow cone or
Slurpee.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA