Old October 24th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

Ace wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 07:47:56 -0600, vulgarandmischevious
wrote:

Ace wrote:

Like a annual lift pass at chf640, which we've just used for the first
skiing day of the season here in Engelberg.

I forgot to say that this is last year's pass, not needing renewal
until December 10th.

That's twice as expensive as my season ticket,

Yes, but you only get to use it at a little bitty hill. Engelberg must
be at least twice as good.

You're hilariously smug! How would you measure "twice as good"?

It's a 12-month ticket, as the lifts run all summer too.

I had intended to go mountain biking up at Winter Park this summer,
but never got round to it.

And includes
a 33% resident's discount. I think it's a bargain, given what we get
out of it. Works out at about ten francs a day.

Actually, yeah, that's good.

and even more than the "colorado pass"!

Which doesn't allow you to ski on holidays. "Restricted dates usually
apply to Thanksgiving weekend, New Year's weekend and President's Day
weekend." Not much ****ing good then is it?

au contraire - those dates are dates to avoid, as every ****er wants
to be out there!

The "Epic Pass", at $600,