Old December 20th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

Default New midlength skis---glide as good as full-length?

On Dec 19, 9:19 pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:

Has anyone used the new midlength skis?

Depends on the ski. I had a pair of Fischer Shortcuts (not
the Superlights) that seemed unusually incapable in pretty
much any conditions you might throw at them. I've got a
pair of short, fat Rossignols that will get you through
anything but get you through it slowly.

Are these short or midlength? It gets confusing. I suppose a midlength
for a 170 lb skier would be about 180cm.

I got a tip that the following midlength skis are "pretty darn good."
Anyone know?

1) Fischer "Nordic Cruising" Voyager no edges and 50-48-55-50-52
sidecut.

(...Hmmm, these seem too narrow for any ungroomed action...no longer
made anyway, it seems...Fischer doesn't seem to have ANY allround
midlength ski for 08. ?)

2) Rossignol EVO Trail (68/60/65)

3) Salomon Snowscape 7 59mm

4) Karhu Escape 60/55/56