Old December 17th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Glove and Mitten Maintenance?

I always bring in my gloves in to dry them out. I just set them on
the window sill where they will catch some sunlight during the day,
but I don't bother to turn them inside out or wash them regularly.
I'm not sure how well gloves with leather palms would take to being
washed regularly, so I wash as little as possible. A couple times a
year, when they start getting stiff, I rinse them out in water to
dissolve out all the sweat residue that accumulates over time, but
other than that, my ski golves are zero maintenance.

I have three pairs of ski gloves for cold, moderate, and warmer
temps. In your climate, I would probably wear my Swix Lobster
gloves. I wore them for the City of Lakes Loppet last year (-10F,
-30F windchill) and my fingers were warm and toasty the while time.
In moderate temps (5F-20F) I usually wear Toko Thermo gloves. Warmer
than that, I wear Toko Classic gloves. Depending on how your body
works, your mileage will vary.

Jon