Old December 16th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Burns

Default Glove and Mitten Maintenance?

EdV wrote:
I am sure this is a "DOH" question to most but my hands get cold.
Should I bring my gloves and mittens in from the car and dry them out
regularly? I tend to leave stuff in the car so I don't forget to take
it back to the car.

Any suggestions on good value mittens for the -10 to 10 F temp range
would be nice also.

Thanks,
Ed V.

Yes. I find that cold gloves chill my hands while warm ones warm things
up nicely. For that temp. range, I use a pair of Gore-Tex Thinsulate
mittens under which I can wear wool liners and polypro liners. I can
take out liners when things get warm. I don't get a lot of touch with
that, but don't need a lot with ski poles. Works for me!

"Every day is Saturday when you're retired."

Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA
(email is a spamtrap)