Old March 4th 16, 11:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

On Friday, 4 March 2016 15:13:50 UTC-8, lal_truckee wrote:

Our mutually argumentative co-poster is wrong to disparage NASTAR thus.

NASTAR isn't as popular here in the west as it appears to be in the
east; I don't believe I've ever seen a NASTAR course. (Maybe at Bend
long ago.) I don't know why. Daily I see training courses with coaching
set for everyone from 5 year olds to Masters and elites, but no NASTAR.
Decades past coin-op timed courses were commonly set for civilians but
not NASTARized.

I didn't disparage NASTAR. I said that, unlike what Downhill likes to pretend, NASTAR is not anything like 'real' racing.... i.e.- FIS sanctioned races. If you want 'real' racing with full-length courses, etc., then compete in FIS Masters program. NASTAR encourages resorts across the country to standardize their course(s) to have a par time of 23 seconds... hardly a 'real' race course.

BTW, The 'big time car racers' analogy (cart-F1) doesn't hold water. Name a single World Cup racer that got their start in NASTAR.