Old October 31st 12, 12:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default What happened to the Nordic Skiing Newsgroup?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
Big Hitter wrote:

Last time I was on here this was a pretty decent newsgroup. I know
there was a time when a lot of spam showed up and kind of ruined it.
I notice a few old timers like Terje, Gary Jacobson. What happened to
everyone else? I'm up to 185 pounds or about 84 kilos now so I've got
some work to do if I want to get back in ski shape...

For a few years, a lot of comments were generated by a couple of
argumentative types and many were driven away by that distortion of the
group. Then there was a web forum that formed (followed not long
after by the death of its founder). And there's fasterskier, which has
picked up a lot more interest since Topher and his partner took over.
Still, several of us are still around.

Talking about weight, after a month as part of an overfed tour group in
China I was up to the same range as you. Now, a long weekend
trip to LA being treated to dinner every night has added another two to
three kilos. Got a lot of work to do. Good thing x-c skiing and cold
burn calories.

Gene