Old November 17th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

Default Ski Insurance

It would appear that www.ski-insurance.co.uk are no longer interested in old
people like me. Their web site excludes people older than their mid
fifties, though I was offered a Fortis annual policy when I phoned them.

On paper (i.e. my PC screen) Insureandgo offer polices at a low price which
do include off piste skiing in areas not deemed unsuitable by resort
management
and without the requirement for a guide.

The only down side with Insureandgo is that there are many bad public
reviews , contrasted by one or two good ones.

Marks & Spencer have a policy that allows you to add unguided off piste
skiing as a option, but it does significantly increase the price.

I don't do that much off piste skiing but there are some runs where the
sides of the pistes are not marked, so if is never clear whether or not you
are on a piste, further I have been know to take a shortcut where for
example, I have gone in the wrong direction.

Anyone got an opinion of Insureandgo or able to suggest an alternative. I
have a one week and a two week holiday booked, (covered by an insurance
policy that does not include skiing risks.)

--
Michael Chare