Old April 2nd 10, 12:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_3_]

Default Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Thanks. The hotel is the other side of the airport at,

Gardermovegen 42, 2030 Nannestad, at the northern-ish end of the runways.

It looks from the satellite images that there are some woodland tracks
right by the hotel.I don't know whether these are groomed for skiing.

Colin, we've had warm weather in the below-700 m areas during the last
week (I'm skiing at 900-1000 m, so no worries here, we're simply getting
a lot more snow.), but it might mean that conditions around Gardermoen
are going bad quite quickly. :-(

If you get in two days from now and find bad snow around the hotel, I
would suggest you consider taking the train into Oslo, then the tram
towards Holmenkollen and go skiing in the world cup trails.

If you would like to contact me directly, the email shown here is working.

Terje