Old October 3rd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
helibrdr

Default Wide board (if I have to) question

"Neil Gendzwill" wrote in message
helibrdr wrote:
Ok folks, after reading the lack of posts post (is that grammatically
correct?) I will fire out the first "what board for......" question.
After my son's last growth spurt (all upwards) he is 5-10, 135 lbs, with
size 11.5/12 feet. With his foot size and stance (duck +/- 15) I am
afraid I will have to go to a wide board, but with his weight I am
really concerned about response edge to edge. More info - Free ride only,
Eastern Firm(tm) most of the time, two trips a year to Utah a year for
powder (hopefully) and sometimes some spring sliding.

He'll have significant toe/heel drag at those angles on a standard (25 cm)
waisted board. If all he does is skid and spin like most kids, probably
not a concern. If he's skilled at putting the board on edge and actually
carving, then he's going to get bootout.

Neil

Neil,

No I brought him up right! ;-) He loves to carve, enjoys powder when he can
get it, and is starting to get pretty good in the trees. I am taking him
cat-boarding with me next year.

Thanks - I am looking at a Burton Custom Wide (or a slightly used Canyon
since it is the same board)