Old October 3rd 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Wide board (if I have to) question

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:38:29 GMT, "helibrdr"
allegedly wrote:

The floor is open - any ideas???

I suspect that most of my thoughts are in the FAQ.

I have size 10 feet, and I ride what's commonly thought of as a *really*
wide board. When looking to go wide, I tried a 260mm board, and it wasn't
wide enough. I then rode a 270mm board for a number of years which was
fine. After those years of progress, I found I was digging in my
toes/heel more often, so switched to a 280mm board. I've not looked back
since.

I don't have a problem getting edge to edge. Perhaps that's to do with my
height (over 6ft) or my skill level (I prefer this explanation! :-)

My oft-used counter-point to the risers option is that if they were such a
great idea, why aren't "normal" footed people riding skinny boards with
risers?

Best bet is to get one on demo and see how it is for a day.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/