Old January 18th 05, 08:22 PM
Mike T

Kids these days - 164 is a big board?

Geezers these days - can't even read. I said I can _imagine_
how would it be on a big board, after seeing the difference in how
it felt on a 164 compared to 160. And trust me, that Palmer feels
like a much bigger board, I've ridden a 178 before and it was
easier to handle than this one.

Was that 178 by any chance an OSin 4807? Gotta be the shortest effective
edge of any 178 I have seen, with that *HUGE* nose that overshadows the fact
that the effective edge goes all the way to the tail.

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that effective edge is usually a more
apples-to-apples comparison, but since most boards have a similar
edge-to-length ratio, people like to talk overall length 'cause it's usually
printed on the board and in the model name...