Old August 27th 03, 05:27 PM
Drug Buddy

Default Experience with Burton SI FX?

Prolex wrote:
My wife and I have both had bad experiences with the Burton step-ins:
glued-in straps cracking loose, liners with blister causing seams,
buckles that won't unbuckle. Etc. I gave up and went back to straps,
cause the last thing I wanted was a tech failure two miles off-piste.

After getting my second pair of replacement SIs, I thought I'd ride
both systems last season but never stepped-in at all. I think Burton
revamped the whole SI system last year, so check on that. If "State
of the Art 2 years ago": means the old system, caveat emptor.

Ciao,

Marc

I had a similarly pish experience with Custom Si's. The boots nipped
everywhere, a bit like wearing ski boots when you walk in them, you need 2
hands to unclip at lift Q's (instead of 1 for straps), occasionally I'd kind
of 1/2 snap-in at the top of a lift and find myself skating when my backfoot
slipped out mid turn. The only nice thing I found was the really direct boot
to board feel - but I don't miss that at all. I guess if you're really into
buying SI's, make sure you get some well comfy boots, but that's stating the
obvious! (http://rssFAQ.org/)

DB