Old April 16th 16, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Jay and Burke in trouble?

On 04/16/2016 12:11 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 4/14/16 5:06 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
The FEC accused Bill Stenger and Ariel Quiros, the money behind Jay Peak and Burke Mt (and the new hotels at each resort) of looting investor funds --

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...urke/82520068/

There have been stories in the news about investors not pleased by the way Stenger has been treating them. This year the new Q Burke hotel is finished, but the prime contractor is blocking occupancy until he is paid up.

Aside: I haven't heard news about Mammoth Lakes' fiscal issues in quite
awhile. There seems to be some of this local and state blind wishing in
this case as well.

They're doing a bit of economizing at Big Bear. Less careful grooming,
opening at 9:00, with some lifts opening only at 9:30 or 10:00. They
moved some of the offices around and now offer a professional
phototography service in that little hut where visiter services used to
be. Ski Patrol is up a few flights to the right in the direction of
Chair 2. The grooming is the most annoying. It's like they only chew
up the top inch and if that's not good enough we can pound sand.

It's still the best crap game in town, but even so...

--
Cheers, Bev
"We're so far beyond ****ed we couldn't even catch a bus