Old April 8th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Peter Clinch

Default cracked bales on Rotefella Super Tele 3 pins

Chris Townsend wrote:

Sounds like a dud pair. I was out a few days ago on a pair of "rock "
skis with those bindings dating from 1987! The bindings are still fine.
They must have had many months of use.

Thanks for the data point Chris, everyone who looked at them was quite
surprised... First up, a group of engineers who arrived at Rauhellern
after we'd limped in there (and who did an artful bodge with an old
bucket handle to help hold it together so we could get back to Tuva),
and then the folk at Tuva who replaced it. We'd assumed that would be
that, but the second went the next day so we diverted to Haugestol where
they had a new pair sent up from Geilo for us. Subsequent surprised
inspectors noted a hairline the side that hadn't given way on the second
one, so I suspect we were lucky we got as far as Haugestol with it!

It did mean our plan of crossing Hardangervidda was a bit of a partial
success, but we managed to salvage something in Skarvheimen on the
replacement set and still had a good tour.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK