Old December 23rd 05, 08:03 AM

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

But, what to stick them back with ? The shop hasn't been totally helpful
(suspect that adhesive technology might not be a strong point) and suggested
things including PVA wood glue, Cynoacrylics (superglue), Epoxy resin
(araldite). These are all somewhat different adhesives.

I certainly wouldn't go for the Serious options like Araldite, because
once that's on it'll never come off (not a problem if you're happy to
throw away a grip if the pole busts, but good grips are worth keeping
IME, just in case the replacement has been "improved").

Think I'd be inclined to use a glue-gun, since clearly the glue will
soften at high temperatures, and those are unlikely to affect you while
skiing... That's a hunch rather than hard knowledge, though.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK