Old October 13th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw

Default back on the snow

Switters wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:38:14 GMT, jw
allegedly wrote:

Nice! I'm envious, and I'll get over there someday soon. My sister in
law's family is British and lives in Bristol, England. She's invited

That's only a couple of hours from where I am.

me over...I'll surf Cornwall, etc.

btw, Dave, I'm sure you knew I was mostly joking with the
"elitist" thing. I can be quite the "elitist" myself...

I'll let you know if I'm headed over that way. Just spoke with
sis-in-law last evening. She's here in the States now with my
brother (just outside Boston), but they go to Bristol almost
once per year. Stoked to surf in the UK!

And that's even closer, it's my choice of local spots. If you come over,
let me know and I'll show you some nice breaks (but then have to kill you
obviously, being an outsider :-)

and get down to the Alps as well.

Not quite as simple as jumping in the car for a few hours. Reckon on
about 15 hours of driving from Bristol. Alternatively use the airport to
fly to one of the many airports there.

Yeah, appreciate the details on travel time...

in the day. I dawn patrol surfing quite a lot though!

Only way to beat the crowds... but nothing beats a sunset session,
especially on some of our classic West facing beaches.

It's a couple hour hike just to get to the bottom of the bowl.

Nice stuff.

Place is....how you say?....sick!!

You see, including the great waves we can get, New England ain't so
bad!

I don't doubt it. I've friends in Maine that I keep meaning to visit,
etc., but really, if I'm flying all that way, I'd rather keep going and
hit the Rockies.

I don't blame you one bit. Maybe you should stop over in
Maine for a little winter surf session (I know some good
spots up there), and then go snowbaord the Rockies, and
then had to Tahoe to cap it all off. You know, like a cross
continental journey...rippin the whole way. haha.

Seriously, if you ever come to New England, we can surf
in RI, Mass. (Cape Cod goes off!), N.H. and/or Maine,
snowboard Tuckerman, whatever. Mi casa es su casa
and all that. Just reciprocating...

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

I haven't looked at this in a while, but will check it out.

Thanks for being "keeper of the flame."

Pray for snow!

-jw