Old July 27th 03, 08:03 AM
Jay Pique

Default Looking at the glory shot...

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:59:18 -0500, Vern93 wrote:

In article ,
Jay Pique wrote:

This sort of reminds me of the time I was going for my personal best
"how long can I ride with my eyes closed" time and ended up sprawled
and mangled in the roadside ditch.

Oh yeah? Last month my friend "Tiffany" (not her real name) was
mountain biking alone after working all night. She hit a
"whoop-dee-doo" wrong and separated from her bike mid air. As she was
heading for a tree, she twisted in the air and impacted with her back
and broke all the ribs and the shoulder blade on one side... and dropped
her lung. Oops.

frantically disinfecting his ash-filled wounds I'm not worthy. And
I'm glad - my god.

She used her bike as a crutch with her right hand and walked out of the
woods and found a house to call an ambulance from. In her left hand,
she carried her tire tool in case she had to decompress her chest if her
pneumo developed into a tension pneumo. That's my girl!

What would she have had to do with the tire tool? If she's gonna gore
a hole in her chest with a tire lever she might as well just bring a
spoon along to make things easier. shudder

She is painfully aware she might have done things a little differently,
so there is no need to point out her lapses. Ironically, she considers
me to have deplorable judgement in such matters.

You do. Just go with it - it'll make things easier.

Dave

JP
Still posting.